This picture was taken in 1942 of a Phillips 66 Station owned and operated by Tomie Cherry. The station was located on Hwy. 77 where the High School tennis courts are now located. Tomie and Ruby Cherry owned a strip of businesses extending along Highway 77 where the LISD Campuses now reside. There was a Hwy. 77 Café, a blacksmith shop, the Phillips 66 service station and a washateria. Ruby also rented out rooms. Tomie and Ruby Cherry were the grandparents of Peggy, Ruby and Finnie Mullins and of Cherry Stover.