From the Mayor’s Desk
The Lexington City Council will meet in a Regular Meeting on Wednesday, September 11th, 2013, at 6:00 p.m., at the Woodson Community Center, 631 N. Rockdale, Lexington, Texas.
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Welcome guest.
3. Citizen input.
4. Approve the minutes of the following meetings – August 14th, 21st & 28th, 2013.
5. Discuss and possible action to approve paying bills for the month of August 2013.
6. Consider and possible action on awarding of bid for Wastewater Improvement Project.
7. Alex Manders will address the City Council about producing water for the City.
8. Discuss and possible action concerning bar-ditch drainage on North Main in front of Skolaut home.
9. Discuss and possible action to hire an engineering firm to do a study to prepare for future growth of Lexington.
10. Discuss and possible action to set up a Parks & Recreation Fund with a $1,000 per month from EDC.
11. Discuss and possible action to replace existing Lexington Police Dept. Policy Manual.
12. Discuss and possible action to sell chipping machine and 2001 Blue Dodge truck.
13. Discuss and possible action to approve insurance carrier for city employees’ medical insurance.
14. Discuss and propose 2013 Tax Rate and set time, date and place for public hearing and adoption of tax rate.
15. Report to City Council from the Committee who met with city employees on August 28th, 2013. – Opal Lewis & Chris Billings
16. Reports: A. Financial/Budget – Pam Cox B. Police Report – Chief Yarbrough
Note: City Council may go into executive session on one or more of the above agenda items, in accordance with the Open Meetings Act, Government Code, Chapter 551.