Free Mammograms for Eligible Women
All women should have their first mammogram by the age of 40 and each year thereafter. In recognition of this important health initiative, Lee County Area Cancer Resource Center will sponsor the mobile mammography unit from the team of breast cancer screening professionals, and the Seton Mobile Breast Cancer Screening Outreach Program from Austin on April 18th and 19th in Giddings.
Traveling to communities throughout Central Texas, the Seton Breast Cancer Screening Team provides free mammograms, clinical breast exams and breast health education to underserved, low-income women ages 40 years and older.
* Must be at least 40 years old.
* No implants, not pregnant, not breast feeding, and no current breast problems.
* No insurance, no Medicaid, no Medicare or have a high yearly insurance deductible.
* Low income
* No previous mammogram within the past year.
* No history of breast cancer.
To schedule your appointment for the Giddings location, please call 512-324-3375 or toll-free-1-866-294-4923. Appointments are required. For more information contact Carolyn Jackson at Lee County Area Cancer Resource Center, 165 W. Austin Street in Giddings at 979-540-2981.