From the Mayor’s Desk
The Lexington City Council will meet in a Regular Meeting on
Wednesday, July 11, 2012, at 6:00 p.m., at the Woodson Community
Center, 631 N. Rockdale, Lexington, Texas.
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Welcome guest.
3. Citizen input.
4. Approve minutes of the following meetings – June 13th &
5. Discuss and possible action to approve paying bills for the
month of June 2012.
6. Discuss and possible action to fill vacant spot on police
7. Discuss and possible action to continue the current policy of
limiting each citizen to 3 minutes on the Citizens’ Comments item
and requiring the sign up before the meeting as currently done.
8. Discuss and possible action limiting any item placed on the
agenda for a citizen to address the council to 20 minutes, unless a
majority of the council votes to extend the time – say 3 minutes
each, with the same ability to extend by the council.
9. Discuss and act upon a disclaimer of donation for public
library purposes offered by the will of Donald Webb.
10. Discuss and possible action to install and utilize software/
hardware package in police vehicles.
11. Discuss and possible action to make a contribution to
Combined Community Action.
12. Discuss and possible action to make a contribution to
Children’s Advocacy Center.
13. Discuss and possible action to approve garbage contract
14. Discuss and possible action to make Officer Wooldridge
Captain of Police Department. – Chief
15. Discuss and possible action on tree in Judy Skolaut’s yard.
16. Discuss and possible action on setting the procedure for
receiving open records request. – Opal Lewis
17. Discuss and possible action on laying down foundation for
a turn-around at end of Ninth Street for garbage truck and utility
vehicles. – Opal Lewis
18. Reports: A. Financial/Budget Reports – Pam Cox
B. Police Report – Chief Yarbrough
Note: City Council may go into executive session on one
or more of the above agenda items, in accordance with the Open
Meeting Act, Government Code, Chapter 551.