Early Voting for Primary Ends Friday
Early voting in the State Primary Elections will end on Friday, May 25. Early voting is held at the Giddings Library, located at 276 N. Orange in Giddings, each day this week during Library hours. Early voting is also available on Wednesday, at the Savannah Park Apartments in Lexington from 10 to 11 a.m.; at the Blue Volunteer Fire Station on Thursday, May 24, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.; and at the Precinct 3 (Wilson Boyd) Building on Friday, May 25, from 6 to 7 p.m. Early voting will also be available at Brookshire Brothers in Giddings on Friday, May 25, from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
The actual primary elections will be held on Tuesday, May 29, with polls opening at 7 a.m. For the Primary Election,voters will vote in one of the two political parties. The chosen candidate (unless a runoff election is necessary) will represent the party in the November 6 General Election.
Photo identification requirements in Senate Bill 14, passed by the Texas Legislature in 2011, do not apply in this election. To cast a ballot during Early Voting or on Election Day, voters should present their voter registration card or in lieu of a voter registration card, at least one of the following:
* A driver’s license or personal identification card issued to you by the Texas Department of Public Safety. You may also bring a similar document issued to you by an agency of another state, even if the license or card has expired;
* A form of identification that contains your photograph and establishes your identity;
* A birth certificate or other document confirming birth that is admissible in a court of law and establishes the person’s identity;
* Your United States citizenship papers;
* Your United States passport;
* Official mail addressed to you by a governmental entity; or
* A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows your name and address.
For a sample ballot in the Primary Election, for your district, go to http://www.co.lee.tx.us/ips/ cms/SampleBallots.html