From the Chef’s Corner
Do you like Italian food? My wife and I really enjoy Italian cuisine. One of our favorite dishes is Chicken Tetrazzini. You just can’t beat it!
1 (8oz.) pkg. Vermicelli
½ cup butter
½ cup flour
4 cups milk
½ cup dry white wine
2 Tbsp chicken bouillon granules
Black pepper to taste
2 cups freshly grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
4 cups diced deli-chicken
1 (6oz.) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
¾ cup almonds slivered, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare pasta according to
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a Dutch oven over low heat;
whisk in flour until smooth. Cook 1 minute, whisking constantly.
Gradually whisk milk and wine; cook over medium heat, whisking
constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is thickened and
bubbly. Whisk in bouillon granules, pepper, and 1 cup parmesan
3. Remove from heat; Stir in diced deli-chicken, sliced
mushrooms, and hot cooked pasta.
4. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13x9 in. baking dish;
sprinkle with slivered almonds and remaining 1 cup of parmesan
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until bubbly. Serve
with salad and garlic French bread.