Knobbs Springs Unveils Historical Marker
On Saturday, November 13, Knobbs Springs Baptist Church unveiled their Texas State Historical Marker presented to them from the Texas State Historical Commission with the aid of the Lee County Historical Committee. Sheila Waggoner presented a short history of the church, which started in May of 1860 with 15 members. Ray Edwards shared his experiences as a member of the church and Building Committee in 1979. After the program the marker was unveiled by Mark McBride, pastor, and Geary McManus, pastor emeritus. For more information on the unveiling, turn to page A4 of today’s paper.