From the Chef’s Corner
When you’re in the mood for Tex-Mex, this is the dinner to make. It takes about an hour and a half from start to finish. A good recipe for working moms.
1 (10oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 (16 oz.) jar medium salsa with cilantro, divided
2 (10 oz.) cans enchilada sauce
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
3 cups deli-chicken, chopped
10 (7-8 inch) flour tortillas
1 (8 oz.) pkg. shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
Toppings: shredded lettuce, guacamole, chopped fresh cilantro,
chopped red onion, halved tomatoes.
1. Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels. Set aside.
2. Stir together ¼ cup salsa and enchilada sauce, and set aside.
3. Microwave cream cheese in a medium microwave-safe bowl at High 1 minute or until very soft. Add spinach, chicken, and remaining salsa, and stir until blended
4. Spoon a heaping ½ cupful chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas, and place, seam sides down, in a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce mixture evenly over top of rolled tortillas; sprinkle with shredded cheese.
5. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.
Muy Bueno! Chef Deedle