Mobile Mammograms Available in Lee County
All women should have their first mammogram by the age of 40 and each year thereafter. In recognition of this important health initiative Lee County Area Cancer Resource Center will sponsor the mobile mammography unit from Seton Cancer Prevention Center in Austin on April 6 & 7, 2010 in Giddings.
Normally a mammogram would be $200.00, however, due to a generous donation from the National Breast Cancer Foundation and the Breast Cancer Resource Centers of Texas there is no charge this year for eligible women. The Clinical Breast Exams will be provided by a Certified Cancer Screening Nurse. Education materials and breast self-exam teaching will also be offered at this screening.
* Must be at least 40 years old.
* No implants, not pregnant, not breast feeding, and no current breast problems.
* No insurance, no Medicaid, no Medicare or have a high yearly insurance deductible.
* No previous mammogram within the past year.
* No history of breast cancer.
For more information contact Carolyn Jackson at Lee County Area Cancer Resource Center, 165 W. Austin Street in Giddings at 979-540-2981. To schedule your appointment at the Giddings location, please call Seton Cancer Screening at 512-505-5528 or toll-free-1-866-294-4923.